MB0414LM/LD Lineman Field Probe
The Lineman Datalogger field probe has been replaced by the G3 Handheld Datalogger field probe using the extendo stick universal adapter.
The Lineman field probe is available in either a Manual version (MB0414LM) or a Datalogger version (MB0414LD).
The probe consists of a hotstick tube and a mounted instrument box. It comes with a ground cable, bushing pin adapter, overhead hook adapter, and soft case.
The probe is designed to be attached to the appropriate length universal hotstick when any primary voltage is being contacted, and not to be used as a hand-held tool unless it is being used with the Secondary Adapter.
The instrument box contains a GPS receiver, microprocessor, and liquid crystal display (LCD). The probe is operated using a single push button switch. Bright daylight visible status lights are placed on the end of the instrument box, where they can be easily seen when the probe is attached to the end of a hotstick. The manual version will operate continuously for approximately 20 hours (intermittently for weeks) on 3 standard AAA batteries.
The coiled insulated ground wire and a ground clip can be attached to provide a secure ground reference for phase voltage measurements when required. The bushing pin, overhead hook, and secondary adapters allow the probe to be used to acquire phase measurements on primary, secondary, and dead front voltages.
- Input Voltage: 15V (elbow test points) to 20KV AC, 50-60Hz with ground cable; To 69KV without ground; To >750KV using proximity.
- Probe: Standard 1.25” Dia. Epoxy x 26”L <3lbs.
- Phase Indicator Display: LCD
- On/Off Indication: High-lumen daylight visible LEDs
- Ground Cable: Coiled 90kV insulated; retracted 24" ; maximum extended length 10 ft.
- Samples primary or secondary voltages; live front or dead front
- 3 AAA Batteries
U.S. Patent 6,667,610 & 7,031,859 & 8,533,121.